Code of Conduct
Dancing is our passion and we look forward to sharing that with you. BFF
is a fusion dance exchange. During the day there will be loads of time to
skill share, chill, cook, eat, go for hikes and connect on various
levels. We ask you to respect the framework of this event and the comfort
zone of other participants.
We want every single person to feel welcome, comfortable and safe while
attending our event. So here are some points we would like you to keep in
mind when you join us for what will be a wonderful weekend of fusion
- Respect your own and other people’s physical and emotional
boundaries. Dance is not an invitation for unwanted physical
- We want to get together to dance. This is not an event for
sexual encounters. Please respect that we are together in
communal spaces, including shared bedrooms
- This is a clothed event, unless you’re having a shower or
getting changed, please keep your clothes on. More
specifically: Please wear bottoms that cover your genitals in
the common rooms as well as outside on the grounds of the
Wolfhof. In the common rooms we also ask you to wear a top
that covers your chest. This applies to all genders.
- Take care of yourself and of others – on and off the dance floor.
(This includes personal hygiene, avoidance of strong odours –
artificial and natural – illness, and alcohol).
- Be gentle with your partner’s body and be mindful of those around
you while dancing.
- We see dancing as an invitation to tolerance and generosity.
However, it’s okay to say “no” to a dance for any reason.
- Be responsible for your own actions. Be aware that your actions
can have an effect on others.
- Respect other people’s opinions, beliefs, and ways of being.
- Dance roles are not tied to gender. It is polite to check in with
your partner about their preferred role before dancing.
- If you experience or witness any behaviour that crosses your
boundaries or makes you feel uncomfortable please approach us. There
will also be a designated care team at the event.
- If it seems like someone is in need of help or might be
feeling left out: see if you can reach out to them in some way.
- We need everyone’s help to keep us all fed and watered and the
venue nice and cosy, so please roll up your sleeves, join in and help
- Loud music can damage your hearing, so we set up a
Sound Policy to have music playing at sound
levels that are not damaging even when dancing the whole night. Still,
be aware of your own limits and bring ear plugs, if you are sensitive
to loud sounds.
Please note that any form of harassment or unsafe behaviour may
lead to exclusion from the event. If you encounter any problems you
want to talk about, please contact us or the care team. You have found a
Thank you. And we look forward to welcoming you at BFF!
Adapted from: Bear Blues Exchange Berlin Code of Conduct.